Take Action: Here are the top four ways you can help extend the New Markets Tax Credit.
1. Circulate the NMTC Extension Sign-on Letter to the Hill(NEW):
Our broad business sign-on letter to Congress included the signatures of 1,500 organizations urging Congress to extend the NMTC. Please take a moment to circulate this letter to your Representatives and Senators.
Consider extending an invitation when you visit Congressional staff in DC or contract their district office with potential dates and possible NMTC financed businesses that would be of interest. Visit our In District Advocacy toolkit to learn more.
- Senate Extension:
- House Extension Legislation:
- 2014 NMTC Progress Report
- NMTC Special Report on Rural Investments
- NMTC Coalition Paper on Tax Reform – Submission to the Senate Finance Committee + (Attachment case studies)
- NMTC Coalition Paper on Tax Reform – Submission to House Ways and Means Tax Reform Working Groups
- NMTC Economic Impact Report
- NMTC State Profile One-Pagers
- The NTMC: At Work in Communities Across America
- The Top Ten Things Congress Should Know About the NMTC
- NMTC Fact Sheet
- In District Advocacy Toolkit
- New Sign-on Letter (October 2014)
- Our Past NMTC Sign-on letter – March 2014 (over 1,400 businesses, nonprofits, and community leaders).
- House sign-on letter (circulated by Reps. Stivers (R-OH) and Michaud (D-ME). Learn more.
- NMTCC Extension Sign-on-2013 (over 1,200 businesses, nonprofits, and community leaders!)
- Broad Business Extender Sign-on Letter from 112th Congress
- Sample letter of support from extension campaign
Congressional Target Lists
About the 113th Congress
The One Hundred Thirteenth United States Congress is the current meeting of the legislative branch. It is composed of the United States Senate and the United States House of Representatives based on the results of the 2012 Senate elections and the 2012 House elections. The seats in the House were apportioned based on the 2010 United States Census. It first met in Washington, D.C. on January 3, 2013, and is scheduled to end on January 3, 2015. Senators elected to regular terms in 2008 are in the last two years of those terms during this Congress.
Materials from the last extension campaign (112th Congress):
- House Bill text
- Cosponsor list
- Fact sheet
- Sample letter urging a member of the House to extend the NMTC
- Dear Colleague signed by Reps. Gerlach (R-PA), Neal (D-MA), Tiberi (R-OH), and Lewis (D-GA)
Senate Bill (S. 996):
- NMTC Economic Impact Report (New!)
- The NTMC: At Work in Communities Across America (New!)
- Sign-on support letter (over 1,000 businesses, nonprofits, and community leaders!)
- 2012 NMTC Progress Report
- NMTC Infographic
- Broad Business Extender Letter
- Target list
- Advocacy Toolkit for Congressional Recess