The Top Three Ways to Help Extend the NMTC
1. Extension Legislation
Call or write your Senators and Representatives and ask them to cosponsor the NMTC Extension Act of 2017 (H.R. 1098/S. 384).
2. Write an Op-Ed
Submitting an opinion piece to your local or state press is a great way to bring attention to the impact of the NMTC in your community. Highlight the projects and the effect the Credit has had on economic growth as well as creating and retaining jobs where they are needed the most.
3. Congressional Tour
Getting a Member of Congress to visit a NMTC-financed business is simply one of the most powerful ways to advocate for the extension. Consider extending an invitation when you visit Congressional staff in DC or contract their district office with potential dates and possible NMTC financed businesses that would be of interest.
- Visit our In District Advocacy toolkit to learn more.
Publications and materials
- 2017 NMTC Coalition Progress Report
- NMTC Sign-on Letters
- NMTC At Work in Communities Across America (December 2016)
- A Decade of the NMTC: An Economic Impact Report (2003-2012)
- NMTC Project Profile Map
- NMTC Special Report on Rural Investments
- NMTC Coalition submission to Senate Finance Committee Tax Reform Working Group - 2015
- NMTC Coalition Paper on Tax Reform - Submission to the Senate Finance Committee + (Attachment case studies) - 2014
- NMTC Coalition Paper on Tax Reform - Submission to House Ways and Means Tax Reform Working Groups - 2014
- NMTC Economic Impact Report (2003-2010)
- NMTC State Profile One-Pagers
- The NTMC: At Work in Communities Across America (December 2012)
- The Top Ten Things Congress Should Know About the NMTC
- NMTC Fact Sheet
- In District Advocacy Toolkit
- Tools for following legislation
Old extension advocacy materials: