The New Markets Tax Credit expires at the end of 2020. Here’s how you can help preserve this important program for distressed communities.
NMTC Extension Bills
Ask your member of Congress to support a permanent extension of the NMTC by cosponsoring the New Markets Tax Credit Extension Act of 2019.
Write an Op-Ed
Submitting an opinion piece to your local or state press is a great way to bring attention to the impact of the NMTC in your community. Highlight the projects and the effect the Credit has had on economic growth as well as creating and retaining jobs where they are needed the most.
Getting a Member of Congress to visit a NMTC-financed business is simply one of the most powerful ways to advocate for the extension. Consider extending an invitation when you visit Congressional staff in DC or contract their district office with potential dates and possible NMTC financed businesses that would be of interest.
- Visit our In District Advocacy toolkit to learn more.
Congress has an opportunity to provide resources to vulnerable, low-income communities dealing with the impact of the Coronavirus. It is clear that the pandemic will wreak havoc on local economies and low-income rural and urban communities will be the hardest hit.
- Learn more about the NMTC Coalition’s proposal
Materials, Research, and Reports
- 2020 NMTC Coalition Progress Report
- NMTC Sign-on Letters
- NMTC Fact Sheet
- State Fact Sheets
- NMTC At Work in Communities Across America (December 2016)
- The NMTC Economic Impact Report (2003-2015)
- NMTC Special Report on Rural Investments
- NMTC Coalition submission to Senate Finance Committee Tax Reform Working Group – 2015
- NMTC Coalition Paper on Tax Reform – Submission to the Senate Finance Committee + (Attachment case studies) – 2014
- NMTC Coalition Paper on Tax Reform – Submission to House Ways and Means Tax Reform Working Groups – 2014
- NMTC Economic Impact Report (2003-2010)
- The NTMC: At Work in Communities Across America (December 2012)
- In District Advocacy Toolkit