2021 NMTC Coalition Policy Conference
June 17th, 11:00 a.m. to 6:10 p.m. ET (virtual)
The NMTC Coalition’s 2021 Virtual Policy Conference takes place on June 17th. The conference, which will be held virtually this year, is typically held in Washington, D.C. and brings together Community Development Entities (CDEs), investors, and policymakers who are engaged with the NMTC. We expect to have record attendance, with NMTC practitioners participating from all across the country.
Registration is FREE for NMTC Coalition members and their staff. The registration fee is $100 per organization for non-NMTC Coalition members.
Thank you to our conference sponsors:
Conference Agenda: Thursday, June 17, 2021
11:00 a.m. - 11:10 a.m.
Welcome by NMTC Coalition President
Yvette Ittu, President of the NMTC Coalition, Cleveland Development Advisors
11:10 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
Representative Richard Neal (D-MA)
Chairman, House Ways & Means Committee
11:15 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.
Recent Program Updates
2021 NMTC Progress Report
Paul Anderson, Rapoza Associates
Urban Institute NMTC Report
Brett Theodos, Urban Institute
11:50 a.m. - 11:55 a.m.
Senator Mark Warner (D-VA)
11:55 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Senator Ben Cardin (D-MD)
12:00 p.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Policy and Legislative Update
Bob Rapoza, Rapoza Associates
12:15 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
This panel will discuss infrastructure, the legislative hurdles to making a deal, and what the final six months of the 117th Congress may bring.
- Bob Rapoza, Rapoza Associates
- Beth Bell, House Ways and Means Committee, Majority
- Paul Guaglianone, Office of Senator Roy Blunt
- Ron Storhaug, Office of Senator Ben Cardin
2:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.
Senator Roy Blunt (R-MO)
Introduction by Bob Rapoza, Rapoza Associates
2:15 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
2:30 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.
Director, CDFI Fund, U.S. Department of the Treasury
Introduction by Merrill Hoopengardner, National Trust Community Investment Corporation
2:45 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Insights from Treasury
Treasury panelists will provide an update on their priorities, data, and guidance related to the New Markets Tax Credit program.
- Merrill Hoopengardner, National Trust Community Investment Corporation
- Christopher Allison, Program Manager for the NMTC, CDFI Fund
- Trefor Henry, Associate Program Manager, Compliance, Monitoring and Evaluation, CDFI Fund
- Oscar Gonzales, Associate Program Manager, Financial Strategy and Research, CDFI Fund
3:45 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Deputy Assistant Secretary, Community and Economic Development, U.S. Department of the Treasury
4:00 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
4:15 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Law Firm Panel
During this session, a panel of legal experts will discuss trends and issues they are seeing in the NMTC industry as we emerge from the pandemic.
- Andrew Swary, Finance Fund
- Carol J. Mihalic, Kutak Rock, LLP
- Jennifer Simmons, Dentons
5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
NMTC Investor Roundtable
Join NMTC investors as they discuss issues ranging from recent shifts in pricing, the impact of proposed tax policy changes, and other issues facing NMTC investors.
- Michael Novogradac, Novogradac & Company
- Ira Weinstein, CohnReznick
- David Gibson, PNC Financial Services Group
- Steve Ross, Truist Community Capital
- Laura Vowell, U.S. Bancorp Community Development Corporation
- Lee Winslett, Wells Fargo Community Lending & Investment
6:00 p.m. - 6:10 p.m.
Bob Rapoza, Rapoza Associates
Yvette Ittu, NMTC Coalition President, Cleveland Development Advisors