The Pottawattamie County Development Corporation sponsored the historic renovation/reuse of a building that was once home to Hughes-Irons Motor Co. The downtown Council Bluffs building, built in 1914, is eligible for individual listing in the National Register of Historic Places for its significance as an early automobile sales and service business.
The redevelopment plan for the 44,000 sq. ft. building called for conversion to a mixed-use development comprised of street-level commercial space, more than half of which is leased to the Chamber of Commerce, and seventeen apartments on the upper floor. Also, 10,000 sq. ft. of interior space has been converted to nineteen parking spaces for the residential tenants of the building.