The project involved the renovation and expansion of the Montfort Jones Memorial Hospital which provides critical healthcare services to an extremely rural, medically underserved population in Mississippi. The hospital, originally constructed in 1959-1960, is currently licensed to operate 71 beds (64 medical/surgical beds and seven cardiac intensive care beds) and is a county owned facility that is governed by a Board of Trustees which is appointed by the Attala County Board of Supervisors. The project added a two-story addition to the hospital of approximately 53,807 square feet. This new addition provided the hospital with a new entrance, porte cochere, public lobby, administration offices, business office, medical records, outpatient clinic, trauma care center, surgery suite, central sterile processing/supply, intensive/cardiac care unit, 26 private patient rooms, and 9,452 square feet of storage and mechanical space. In addition to the two-story addition, the project consisted of renovations to 16,600 square feet of the current hospital which included the emergency department, laboratory, imaging, physical therapy, respiratory therapy, the swing bed unit, and geriatric psychiatric unit. There were also cosmetic upgrades and refurbishments to 17,275 square feet of the hospital and upgrades to the existing HVAC system, plumbing and electrical system, a new medical gas equipment system, and a new wet pipe sprinkler system.