July 17th, 11:00 am to 5:30 pm ET (virtual)
The NMTC Coalition’s 2021 Virtual Policy Conference takes place on June 17th. The conference is typically held in Washington, D.C. and brings together Community Development Entities (CDEs), investors, and policymakers who are engaged with the NMTC, and this year will be no exception. In fact, we expect to have record attendance, with NMTC practitioners participating from all across the country.
Registration is FREE for NMTC Coalition members and their staff. The registration fee is $100 per organization for non-NMTC Coalition members.
Ben Cardin (D-MD)
Roy Blunt (R-MO)
The 2020 NMTC Annual Conference took place December 5th, 2020. Below is last year’s Agenda:
10:50 a.m. – 11:10 a.m.
Overview of the GoToWebinar Participant Features
Ayrianne Parks, Rapoza Associates
Welcome by NMTC Coalition President
Yvette Ittu, Cleveland Development Advisors
11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
NMTC Investor Roundtable
Join NMTC investors as they discuss issues ranging from the current impact of the pandemic and pending expiration of the Credit to the Community Reinvestment Act and pricing.
Moderators: Michael Novogradac, Novogradac & Company; Ira Weinstein, CohnReznick
- Jim Howard, Dudley Ventures
- En Jung Kim, Chase
- Steve Ross, Truist Community Capital
- Laura Vowell, U.S. Bancorp CDC
12:30 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
NMTC Legislative Outlook
With the 2020 election and the deadline to reauthorize NMTC looming, there is a lot happening in Congress. This panel will discuss tax extenders, the legislative hurdles to making a deal, and what 2021 may bring with 117th Congress.
Moderator: Bob Rapoza, Rapoza Associates
- Beth Bell, House Ways and Means Committee
- Evan Giesemann, Office of Representative Terri Sewell
- Paul Guaglianone, Office of Senator Roy Blunt
- Nick Wyatt, Senate Finance Committee
1:15 p.m. – 1:30 p.m
1:30 p.m. – 1:45 p.m.
Introduction by Phil Glynn, Travois
2:30 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Insights from the Treasury Department
Treasury panelists will provide an update on their priorities, data, and guidance related to the New Markets Tax Credit program.
- Christopher Allison, Program Manager for NMTC, CDFI Fund
- Greg Bischak, Ph.D., Program Manager for Financial Strategies and Research, CDFI Fund
- Trefor Henry, Associate Program Manager, Compliance, Monitoring & Evaluation, CDFI Fund
- Dillon Taylor, Attorney, Office of Chief Counsel, Internal Revenue Service
3:30 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.
Law Firm Panel
During this session, a panel of legal experts will discuss trends and issues they are seeing in the NMTC industry.
Moderator: Andy Swary, Finance Fund
- Debbie Kleban, Applegate & Thorne-Thomsen
- Jonathan Kaden, Dentons
- David Lutz, Stinson
4:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Using the 2020 NMTC at Work Report to Boost NMTC Visibility
The Coalition released a new edition of the NMTC: At Work in Communities Across America. This report is released every four years to coincide with the presidential election. The 2020 report features the largest sampling of NMTC projects to date, with over 90 profiles. The report also included state investment maps and breakdowns of NMTC activity by state and industry. We will share insight from the report and discuss how it ties into our public affairs and advocacy strategy for the Coalition. We will offer tips and other information on breaking through to your Members of Congress and local media to raise the visibility of the NMTC and your work in distressed communities.
- Paul Anderson, Rapoza Associates
- Ayrianne Parks, Rapoza Associates
5:15 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Bob Rapoza, Rapoza Associates
- Yvette Ittu, Cleveland Development Advisors