- Worked with the Clinton Administration to design the Credit and lobbied Congress for its enactment;
- Collaborated with the Bush Administration to launch the program including the original rules, regulations and application;
- Build bipartisan Congressional support for the Credit as an efficient market-based incentive for community revitalization;
- Lobbied successfully for four extensions of NMTC totaling $17 billion in additional credit authority;
- Conducted annual surveys of Community Development Entities and published 12 annual NMTC Progress Reports, state profiles of NMTC projects (50 Projects – 50 States), and reports on the overall effectiveness of the credit (10th Anniversary Report);
- Convened two annual Washington conferences where Coalition members have a chance to brief policymakers on the NMTC.
- Responded to Treasury and IRS’s requests for comments and technical feedback on the Credit; and
- Served as the eyes and ears of the NMTC industry in Washington, alerting members to the latest developments with regular emails via NMTC Bulletins.
Browse our video vault, featuring case studies, Congressional testimony, hearings, and events.
Browse our NMTC Project Map, which includes stories and jobs data for NMTC projects in all fifty states and the District of Columbia.
How It Works
Our new video describes how the NMTC delivers capital to businesses and important projects in low income communities: