From the Blog:
- Let’s Ensure #InternetDay Keeps Getting People Connected
- Stivers (R-OH) and Serrano (D-NY) Circulate Dear Colleague Calling for NMTC Permanence in 2018
- NMTC Brings Hundreds of Jobs to Barnwell, SC
- New Paper on Early Aughts Community Development Efforts in Baltimore
- National Recovery Month: NMTC Financing Addiction Treatment in Under-Served Communities
The NMTC expires in 2019. But there is bipartisan legislation in the House and Senate to extend it permanently. Learn more...
About the NMTC
The New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) is a shallow, low-cost tax incentive which delivers billions of dollars annually to low-income communities with high unemployment and poverty. The credit finances everything from hospitals to manufacturing facilities to rural broadband expansions. Read more...
State Fact Sheets and Stories
Click a state to learn more about the NMTC projects and investments.
New Markets Tax Credit Stories
Browse our NMTC project map to learn more about how the NMTC is creating jobs and driving investment to all 50 states.
Communities, Businesses, Nonprofits and Others Interested in the NMTC
Do you have a great project in a low income community that is in need of NMTC allocation? We recommend first watching our "How It Works" video (to the right).
The next step is to check the CDFI Fund's mapping site to see if your project is in an eligible census tract.
Finally, check to see which Community Development Entities serving your area have remaining NMTC allocation.