Description Our Health Community Services Complex Phase II involved the rehabilitation of an historic facility that expanded the provision of public and private health and social services available to residents of the Winchester, Va., area. Phase II will add 34,000 square feet of space to the existing Our Health campus, and allow several of the […]
Development of 26,500 sq. ft. medical office building which has tripled the available physicians from two to six, provided a full-service state-of-the-art Outpatient Diagnostic Center, and a fully-equipped rehabilitation facility. The new building expanded medical services to residents who would otherwise need to drive 25 miles or more to reach available facilities. The project created 37 […]
Two medical services facilities designed to provide services to the elderly and the medically under-served
The rehabilitation of the vacant Philip Morris Blended Leaf Complex in downtown Richmond, Virginia into a new headquarters for Congregations Around Richmond To Assure Shelter (CARITAS).
The City of Danville, Virginia was founded in 1793 and chartered in 1830. Like so many other manufacturing areas that have lost their traditional industries, the area has its challenges. Specifically, when Dan River Mills, the area’s longtime textile giant, closed its doors in 2006, it lost a business that at one time employed 12,000 […]
In 2011, the use of NMTCs combined with a Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) grant enabled the construction of a $7.2 million medical center and dental clinic which provide comprehensive medical and dental care, as well as rural health outreach programs, to medically underserved communities in rural Virginia.
The Norfolk Ship Repair & Drydock Company (NSDC) is located in the South Brambleton Redevelopment Area of Norfolk, VA. The company was once a leader in the ship repair industry, but since the late 1990s, its plant and facilities faced growing disinvestment and underutilization, and needed repairs to existing buildings, upgrading of production equipment, and […]
Construction loan for mixed-use development with grocery store, pharmacy, credit union, community space. The Church Hill North area is designated as a food desert. Affordable, healthy, nutritional food choices are not readily available.
The Carpenter Theatre first opened its doors in 1928 as a Loew’s Theater for moving pictures. It was shuttered in 1979 due to competition from suburban mul-tiplexes and changing demographics, and remained vacant until 1983. At that time, it was restored and reopened as the Carpenter Center for the Performing Arts. The Carpenter Center again […]